I came back from my trip last week and I can honestly say that it was one of the best thing I’ve ever done. The whole experience from beginning to end was completely new to me and it felt amazing.
This trip was all about trying new things. Apart from all the beautiful places I got to see in the cities that I went to, here are the top 10 things I will take away with me the most.
* Traveling to the United States alone.
* Visiting New York, San Fransisco, Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
* Getting an unexpected upgrade to Upper Class.
* Staying in a hostel.
* Attending a block party in Brooklyn, New york.
* Being able to have fun in Las Vegas on my own.
* Going on my first Helicopter Ride and visiting another wonder of the world – Grand Canyon.
* Attending a baseball game and a gospel in San Francisco.
* Meeting new family and of course other great people along the way.
* Experiencing my first ever jet lags. It was not fun but strange and memorable nonetheless.
I absolutely loved travelling on my own. At some points it felt a bit strange and at other times a little lonely but in one way or the other, it just worked out in the end. Each day just fell into its place the way it should apart from that one day at each location. I blame those days on the jet lag, dehydration, Vegas withdrawal syndrome and stomach ache which left me sitting in a pharmacy for over an hour. The ups as well as downs make one hell of a story I can tell later.
I’ve already been looking into other destinations to visit and have narrowed it down to two possibilities, Hawaii or Bali? For my next trip I would choose a smaller location with less traveling, allowing me to enjoy a place more. If anyone has any suggestions I’d like to hear them.